Prairie Central FASD Network
Vision: Our vision is that Supports are available, accessible and meaningful to every person affected by FASD.
Mission: To ensure that services are available to those affected by FASD by supporting community stakeholders.
Assessment and Diagnosis
Alberta Health Services Children's Rehabilitation Clinic
Serves Children/Youth ages 6-18. Located in Camrose, AB. Contact 780-608-8614
Prairie Central Adult FASD Diagnostic and Assessment Clinic
Serves adults 18+. Located in Red Deer, AB. Contact 403-309-5648
Parent Child Assistance Program
Camrose Association for Community Living
The Parent-Child Assistance Program (PCAP) is a home visitation intervention program that works with women who abuse alcohol or drugs during pregnancy, with the aim of preventing future alcohol and drug-exposed births among these mothers. PCAP supports mothers in achieving this goal by helping them complete substance abuse treatment and stay in recovery and by motivating them to choose effective family planning methods.
The goals of the program are to:
- assist mothers in obtaining treatment, maintaining recovery, and resolving the complex problems associated with their substance abuse
- guarantee that the children are in a safe environment and receiving appropriate health care
- effectively link families with community resources
- demonstrate successful strategies for working with this population to prevent the risk of future drug and alcohol-affected children.
PCAP provides trained and supervised case managers who work with mothers and their families for three years, beginning during pregnancy or up to six months postpartum.
The case managers offer regular home visitation and link women and their families with a comprehensive array of existing community resources to address health care, housing, child welfare, and other issues. Case managers help mothers identify personal goals and the steps necessary to achieve them; they monitor progress, facilitate case conferencing and integrated service delivery among providers, transport clients and children to important appointments, and work actively with the extended family.
Camrose Association for Community Living
4604 – 57 street
Camrose, AB T4V 2E7
Catholic Social Services
Support programs provide outreach based services to children, youth, adults and their families in their community. Clients of the program need to be suspected of having an FASD or be diagnosed as having an FASD. FASD Community Outreach works to educate on the effects of prenatal exposure to alcohol, assist in obtaining a diagnosis, help families in understanding FASD and FASD intervention strategies, develop transitional and long term plans for families, and assist in accessing community supports. Support workers can act as advocates for families and help support families in achieving success. Support Programs vary by region. Support service boundaries are divided by county boundaries. To find which service provider is in your area, see below:
- County of Wetaskiwin and Ponoka County - Catholic Social Services - 780-362-5535
- Camrose County (adults) - The Open Door - 780-679-6803
- Camrose County (children) - McMan Services - 780-608-6676
- Flagstaff and Beaver County (adults and children) McMan Services - 780-608-6676
- County of Brazeau (adults and children) - McMan Services - 780-542-3713
- County of Vermillion River, MD of Provost, MD of Wainwright and Lloydminster (adults and children) - Catholic Social Services - 780-842-6899
- County of Two Hills, County of Minburn and Count of Lamont - WJS - 780-632-2332
Prairie Central Network Service Areas
Prairie Central encompasses the counties of Brazeau, Wetaskiwin, Ponoka, Camrose, Beaver, Flagstaff, Lamont, Minburn, Two Hills, Vermilion River and the M.D.’s of Wainwright and Provost. Included in this area are 4 First Nation Communities; Samson, Ermineskin, Louis Bull and Montana. The major centers in the Prairie Central region would include Drayton Valley, Wetaskiwin, Ponoka, Camrose, Vegreville, Vermilion, Lloydminster, Wainwright, and Provost.
Prairie Central FASD Service Network
3 Community Centre
4516 54 St
Camrose, AB T4V 4W7
For more information, visit us online.